On behalf of the scientific committee and conference organizers, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Forestry and IUFRO Unit 4.05.00 – Managerial economics and accounting organising International Conference: SUSTAINABLE FOREST MANAGEMENT FOR THE FUTURE - the role of managerial economics and accounting. The conference will take place in Zagreb, Croatia, May 10-12, 2018.
The post-conference tour will be in the National park Plitvička jezera.
The main issues to be covered in the symposium are recent developments in the following areas:
• Forest economics and accounting (investment analysis, present forest management for future wood industry needs)
• Managerial economics and accounting in forestry
• Forestry economics and accounting in Latin America
• Regional, national, social and environmental accounting
• New economic instruments, regulations, policies, and organizations in view of emerging needs of society from forest ecosystems. The role of forestry in bio-based industry
• Forest development and management in the light of global change
• New approaches in forest management to increase the ability for adaptation
• Economic impact assessment of environmental, social and economic changes on forest management
• Economic evaluation of forest- and timber trade-related policies
• Financial modeling of forest management under changing framework conditions
• Lessons from long-term forest-related economic data systems
• Opportunities related to the development of payments for ecosystem services and consequences for forest management
• Shifts in supply and demand for non-market products and services of forests
• The role of decision support systems in adaptation to shifting framework conditions
• Managing long-term risks in forestry
• Awareness and perception of long-term changes in framework conditions among forest related stakeholders
• Understanding of sustainability under changing framework conditions
• Transdisciplinary research in forest management
• Contributions in the fields of environmental, social, regional and national accounting.
Registration and submission of extended abstract: February 15th 2018
Notice on accepted abstracts: February 28th 2018
Transfer of registration fee: April 1st 2018
Submission of full text for the SEEFOR Journal: June 30th 2018
Please consider your participation and hope to see you in Zagreb.
With best regards
Associate Professor Stjepan Posavec, Ph. D.
Department of Forest Inventory and Management
University of Zagreb - Faculty of Forestry
Svetošimunska 25, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Phone: +385 1 235 2455,
URL ; http://www.forestplanning.jp/